Manchester United vs Reading
FA Cup – Third Round.
Date: Saturday, 7th January 2017,
Kick-off at 12:00 UK.
Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester.
Reading and Manchester United will battle it out at Old Trafford on Saturday for the FA Cup they round fixture. The Red Devils will welcome one of their ex-player Jaap Stam to Old Trafford, but this time he is with the opposing team as he is the Manager of Reading FC.
United have been in an excellent form of late, firing all cylinders and the manager may consider resting some players in this fixture. Jose Mourinho’s side will be aiming to extend their current winning streak to 8 consecutive wins in all competitions.
Meanwhile, the Royals have been good also, having won their last 3 Championship games. Jaap Stam has done a great job with Royals as they are sitting 3rd in the Championship table.
Manchester United vs Reading: Head to Head Statistics
- Manchester United have lost just a game against Reading in their previous 18 games.
- Most of their meetings have been in FA Cup as they have played 12 times in the competition.
- The Red Devils have won 11 of their 18 meetings against Reading and drawn 7.
- The two teams last met in 2013 in a League match that ended 1-0 in favour of Red Devils.
- United also were the better side in their last FA Cup meeting which was also in 2013 as it ended 2-1.
- Reading last won a game against United in the calendar year 1927.
Manchester United vs Reading: Prediction
Having won 7 games in a row, United are on fire and would be eager to make it 8 in a row, but it won’t be that easy against a tough Championship side. United have are unbeaten in their last 24 games against a second tier side with 20 wins and 4 draws. They would fight to maintain this record and hand Reading their 3rd consecutive defeat in Manchester.
We are rowing with Red Devils’ boat as we expect them to win at home. A score line of 3-1 is expected.